Thank you for sending open job application to PRO PT & Hand Center of Wausau! Unfortunately, at this time, we don’t have any job vacancies that would match your profile and interests. However, I will add you to our talent pool, and I will notify you in case that we have a job opening for which you would be a good match.
Provide efficient, quality-oriented physical therapy patient care through an individualized program, including assessment, treatment, planning, implementation, a home exercise program, education, and communication to maximize the patient’s progress toward achieving functional goals.
POSITION SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
Supervises the Work of Physical Therapy Assistants and Support Personnel.
Supervises the Work of Physical Therapy Assistants and Support Personnel.
- Ability to project a professional image.
- Knowledge of regulatory standards and compliance requirements.
- Ability to identify and implement components of the physical therapy process
- Identify learning needs and teach patients and families
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with a variety of teams and individuals
- Working knowledge and ability to apply professional standards of practice in job situations.
- Strong organizational, prioritizing and analytical skills.
- Strong customer service.
- Ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant.
- Working knowledge of personal computer and software applications used in job functions
- Ability to pass background check and drug screen.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Current, unencumbered, active license to practice as a Physical Therapist in the state employed.
English is the primary language of the facility. Ability to read and write, communicate clearly with co-workers and customers and to respond to appropriate questions regarding work process or work product.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instruction furnished in written, oral and/or diagram form. Ability to define and solve problems and collect data.
Demonstrates self-awareness and empathy, active listening and understanding; developing colleagues, team player; gains support through effective relationships; treats others with dignity and respect; seeks feedback; participates in processes to measure effectiveness, efficiency, and service; and maintains reporting mechanisms. Helps to maintain a positive team-oriented atmosphere without negativity and drama.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Conducts screening of patients at regular intervals to determine need for additional intervention/treatment and/or modifications. Evaluates patients to obtain data necessary for treatment planning and implementation. Conducts specialized evaluations as indicated. Records evaluation data according to PT standards of practice and clinic policy. Appropriately interpret data, formulate goals and treatment plan and incorporate patient and family and other team members into the coordination of the treatment plan and throughout the course of treatment.
- Provides physical therapy services to patients and in accordance with PT guidelines for professional practice and per clinic policy. Monitors patient’s response to intervention and modify treatment as indicated to attain goals in accordance with treatment plan and physician orders. Reviews the quality and appropriateness of individual physical therapy programs for effectiveness and efficiency, using predetermined criteria. Adapts treatment to meet the individual needs of the patient.
- Demonstrates behaviors which foster effective professional and therapeutic relationships with patients, families and team members. Interprets and communicates evaluation findings to patients, families, and other team members. Participates in patient, family and staff education and provide in-service education to the members of the patient’s care team as needed. Confer formally and informally with other team members in coordinating the total rehab program of the patient. Identifies equipment needs, utilize resources, issue equipment and instruct patients, families and appropriate team members regarding use and care of equipment. Follows management direction.
- Cooperates with all staff to achieve goals and to maintain good employee relations, interdepartmental relations, and public relations.
- Develops appropriate home or community programming to maintain and enhance the performance of the patient in their own environment. Provides clinical information in a timely manner concerning safety and functional needs as required.
- Documents results of patient’s assessment, treatment, follow-up and termination of services. Records billable treatment times according to Clinic procedures. Accurately documents patient/family involvement in the medical record as per clinic policy. Completes daily/weekly progress notes and patient reassessments with changes noted in functional and physical status, goals and treatment plans. Accurately documents all patient/family treatments, interactions and outcomes. All documentation is completed timely.
- Ensures the implementation, compliance, and monitoring of the Infection Control Program following all policies, procedures and safety regulations. Provides /recommends/fabricates adaptive devices or other equipment. Trains patients, families and appropriate staff in the use or application of adaptive equipment and/or devices to ensure optimum safety and outcomes. Complies with all Infection Control, Universal Precautions and OSHA standards for the healthcare professional. Demonstrates understanding of CMS and other regulatory requirements for the delivery of patient care
- Remains current with literature and education related to departments for which responsible and maintain an updated methodology, tools, manuals and criteria as necessary and appropriate.
- Manages clinical care to achieve the Quality Index Minimal Productivity Standards (QIMPS).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintains excellent working relationship with the medical professional and other health related facilities and organizations.
- Promotes Company philosophy, mission and objectives within and to customers outside the organization.
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize tasks/responsibilities and complete duties within allotted time. Willing to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing practices.
- Demonstrates and understands the importance of and respect for the rights, confidentiality, dignity, and individuality of each patient in all interactions.
- Demonstrates honesty and integrity always in the care and use of patient and clinic property.
- Demonstrates respect for co-workers and responds to needs of patients by complying with clinic policies.
- Demonstrates satisfactory level of interpersonal skills to interact and deal tactfully with facility staff, Administration, patients, families, customers, vendors, and government agencies.
- Attends and participate in facility meetings.
- Knowledge of compliance policies and emergency and disaster procedures of the facility.
- Participates in relevant in-service training sessions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Promotes and protects patients’ rights (including HIPAA); treats patients with dignity and respect; reports suspected abuse or neglect.
Demonstrates willingness to try new tasks; generates new ideas for change; evaluates and recognizes priorities; communicates and model’s organizational values; fosters high performance.
Applies performance improvement methods and techniques; assists in data collection; identifies processes for improvement in daily work and processes; and participates in new employee orientation.
Enters or records data timely and accurately; protects confidentiality of patient information; protects data against loss or destruction; reports suspected violation of security/confidentiality issues.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.